A good night sleep seems to be a luxury now days, and a partner who snores does not make it any easier. Lack of proper sleep leads to poor memory retention, fatigue throughout the day, headaches, agitation, aggression, poor focus, less production at home and work, decreased sexual drive, more arguments with your partner, and an overall decrease in your mental health.
Luckily, our snoring center at Dr. I Dental PC can help. We manage many patients who are seeking help with their snoring issue. In this BLOG I want to cover what we can do to help to reduce your snoring.
Above are pictures of a mouthpiece that we can make for you. They are state of the art and customized to fit your teeth using the latest technology. They function to move the lower jaw slightly forward increasing the airway passage, therefore significantly reducing snoring 80-95%. The mouthpiece is highly successful in treating snoring. It is easy and comfortable to wear. They are only worn when you go to sleep. The price of this mouthpiece is only $1499, which is about what an iPhone would cost you. Having a good night sleep and not disrupting your partner is worth it.
There are certain medical insurances that may contribute to this specialized mouthpiece, only if you have been diagnosed by your MD with having sleep apnea. This diagnosis will require you having an at home sleep test or a lab sleep test. These sleep tests will take a few months to complete. The sleep test is necessary only to diagnose sleep apnea.
If you only want to treat the snoring and do not want to go through sleep tests, the cost of the mouthpiece is $1499.
Medical insurances that will cover the appliance:
|Most PPO plans||Medicare||Most Union Plans|
|United healthcare PPO||Aetna||GHI|
Medicaid plans such as united healthcare community, healthfirst, fidelis, affinity, liberty, metroplus will not cover the mouth appliance. HMO plans will not cover the appliance. Medicare will cover the mouth appliance. There are other insurances that will cover it, please consult with our office.
Actions to take to reduce snoring:
1) Come to our snoring center at Dr. I Dental PC 7183018484.
2) Weight Loss. The more fat tissue your neck stores, the more likely you will snore.
3) Run. Running can open up the nasal passages, and can have healthy circulation effects well after you do it. When you keep the nasal passages open, you are getting more air into your body while you sleep.
4) Stay well hydrated. When you are dehydrated, the secretions in your nasal passages can get thicker and clog up your nasal airway.
5) Breathing exercises. Trains your body and mind to breath through your nose.
6) Don't sleep on your back.
7) Eliminate alcohol. Alcohol can have a sedative effect and relax the muscles in you neck and close off the airway.
Let's meet and talk in my snoring center, 7183018484